We are very happy to announce that our office will be re-opening Monday, May 11th in Cornelius only for our patients that prefer an in-office visit, or for those who have concerns that simply must be addressed with a personal encounter. We want to assure you that Riva Dermatology continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation, and our focus remains on the health and well-being of our patients and our staff. We anticipate that our office hours will have to be adjusted as we continue to adapt to changing community needs so please check back with our website at https://rivaderm.com as needed for the most up to date information.
We sincerely hope that you and your loved ones have escaped any serious harm from the COVID-19 pandemic. To help keep us all healthy, we have also implemented additional measures to help protect you from exposure to COVID-19, including:
- Screening our patients for the possible presence of the virus prior to their visit and rescheduling all who are at risk. Thank you for your understanding if this is you or a family member.
- Requiring a mask for all patients and staff entering our facilities. Please come with your own if at all possible as our supply will likely be very limited.
- Limiting family or friends to no more than one in addition to the patient being seen. They must wear a mask as well.
- We will be practicing social distancing by limiting the number of patients scheduled, generally no more than one every 30 minutes to start, per provider
- Allowing you to wait for your appointment in your car if desired, once checked in. We can call you when your appointment is ready.
- We will be disinfecting common surfaces more frequently, specifically lobbies, front desks, exam rooms, restrooms, doorknobs, and more.
- Making hand sanitizers available in our common areas, and disinfectant wipes upon request.
- Continuing to offer the very important Riva Virtual Visit for any of our patients who prefer the safety of this visit
- Increasing communications and reminders with our guests, employees and partners on important health and safety measures
We remind everyone of the prevention methods recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for health and hygiene.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water aren't available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
And remember, updates for our office hours and policies can be found at https://rivaderm.com.