In order to continue to protect our care team and to best protect you, our patrons, we have instituted a few more policy changes in our 3 offices effective immediately. If you have any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
We are also taking additional measures in our offices to enhance your safety beyond those that we are already following.
- These include fully sanitizing all patient common areas in our offices at midday and at end of day. All patient exam areas are already sanitized following each patient visit.
- If you prefer not to wait in our reception area, you may wait in your car for your appointment when it is ready. Simply let the receptionist know that you are present and confirm the correct phone number at which to be reached.
- We will no longer see our drug representatives that bring patient samples, to minimize unneeded traffic potential viral spread in the office.
- We request that you come to your appointment with no more than one other family member unless absolutely necessary, for the same reason. These policies are consistent with the CDC’s recommendation for social distancing.
- We are screening all or our patients for symptoms in the 24 hours prior to their appointments and rescheduling and directing them to their PCP’s where necessary.
- We are encouraging anyone over 60 years of age and those with pre-existing conditions that may increase their risk to reschedule all non-emergent appointments.
- We have removed magazines and pamphlets from the reception areas to reduce risk for accidental viral spread.
The Coronavirus is a very fast-moving disruptor of our social norms as we have all seen these past two weeks. Governor Roy Cooper just today issued a mandate to close all restaurants and bars to foot traffic effective at 5pm tonight. We anticipate the coming days will bring more changes both to ourselves and to our community.
Riva remains committed to doing everything that we can to provide you a safe and comfortable environment for your skin health care so please check back frequently for possible updates. Thank you for your making Riva a part of your family and especially for your patience and understanding in these challenging times.
Kerry Shafran, MD
Founder and Owner